Finally, we have some detail (Update to GP Contracts letter 9th July 2020) - but it remains very limited at this time. The proposed changes include:
- Expansion to the winter flu programme - further information to follow
- Focus on early cancer diagnosis and care of patients with a learning disability - requirements will be focussed on restoring care. Payment will be conditional on practices working to the revised requirements. Full details will be published shortly
- Practices will be asked to maintain accurate disease registers
- Maintain prescribing indicators
- Maintain the delivery of cervical screening indicators - to ensure rate of delivery is as close as possible to normal performance
- Income protection will be offered on other indicators subject to the delivery of revised focussed requirements - patients at greater risk of COVID-19, uncontrolled long term condition parameters and those with a history of missing reviews. Practices will need to agree their approach to patient prioritisation with their CCG. More details to follow
QOF will then be fully re-introduced in April 2021.
Investment and Impact Fund (IIF)
Will commence from 1st October 2020. Half of the monies have been recycled into the Network Contract DES, the remainder will reward PCN’s for performance of the IIF indicators in the 2nd half of the year.
From 1st July 2020, practices should resume -
- New patient reviews (including alcohol dependency)
- Routine medication reviews
- Over-75 health checks
- Clinical reviews of frailty
Patients should be prioritised based on risk and clinical judgement. Where it is safe to do so, reviews should be face-to-face, remotely where it is not safe to do so.
For further information visit: https://www.england.nhs.uk/coronavirus/wp-content/uploads/sites/52/2020/